Michael Symon’s Fried Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts and Capers
- Canola Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts (trimmed and quartered lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Serrano chile (seeded and minced)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
While the oil is heating, whisk together, serrano, honey, red wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl large to toss all the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep the bowl near the stove top.
Working in batches, deep-fry the Brussels sprouts until the edges begin to curl and brown, about 3 minutes. Add the walnuts and capers to the last batch and stand back because the capers will pop and sputter! Give the contents of the pot a stir, remove with a skimmer and place directly into the bowl of dressing. Toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.