INVEST IN YOUR COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING THE CAMAS FARMER’S MARKET TODAY!
Be a part of our “Plant the Seed” campaign
by choosing the method of support that works best for you.
Click Here to Sustain the market with a monthly donation.
Become a “Friend of the Camas Farmer’s Market” by committing to a recurring monthly donation at the level that feels comfortable for you. For what you’re currently paying for a cup of coffee, you can sustain the market each month, and make an impact all year long!
Click Here to Shop for important market supplies from our Amazon Wishlist.
This list is full of necessary items that are crucial to our market running smoothly. You’ll find tires for our shared shopping carts, cooking supplies for kids culinary education, replacement equipment for our music booth, and much more. We will update this list monthly during the season, so check back often! This list makes supporting the market a snap for anyone who currently uses Amazon, and the items will ship directly to us.
Click Here to Donate directly to the Camas Farmer’s Market
You can make a one time donation to the market, at the level of your choosing. We know that there are numerous worthy causes, and we sincerely appreciate your generous support.
Click Here to learn how to Sponsor the Camas Farmer’s Market
We offer many levels of sponsorship for local businesses, organizations, and individuals with our Healthy Living SponsorshipProgram. Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
What does your support mean to the Camas Farmer’s Market Vendors, Musicians, Shoppers, Volunteers, and Staff?
Your support enables us to provide free kids activities, community chef demos, and fresh food access outreach. This support helps pay musicians, and supports staff wages. We couldn’t run the Camas Farmer’s Market without this vital support! Please consider all of the above options, and invest in your Camas Farmer’s Market today.
The Camas Farmers Market is a 501(C)3 organization working to increase access to healthy and local foods in Camas and East Clark County. In addition to promoting small farms and food producers, a large part of the Camas Farmer’s Market mission includes providing healthy living education and outreach to vulnerable populations. We believe that we can foster a healthier and more sustainable Clark County through workshops and tips that show consumers how simple organic and local living can be.
2022 Program Highlights
- An average of over 1,900 customers attended the market each week.
- Distributed $9,053 in SNAP Match dollars, providing added support to vulnerable populations in our community.
- Engaged the community, celebrated our local foods and promoted the spirit of our farmer’s market: Health Fair, Berry Days,Veggie Derby and our annual Harvest Festival
- 2,599 children 9-11, received $5,198 in fresh fruits and vegetables, through our Produce Pals program.
- Hosted multiple Chef demonstrations utilizing community partners who prepared healthy recipes, featuring fresh produce found in the market.
- Increased customer participation and awareness at our Healthy Living booth, highlighting community programs around health, gardening, food security, fresh food, fitness, ecology and care of our environment
- Weekly entertainment with 20 unique paid local musicians engage customers and add to the festive feel of the market
- Hometown spirit is shared and demonstrated among our market customers. Feedback reflects that they value the market, feel a strong sense of community and celebration of local and fresh foods. Customers enjoy becoming acquainted with our farmers, vendors and products and look forward to visiting on a weekly basis!
- Weekly presence of WSU Master Gardeners, available to answer questions and provide information regarding home gardening.
Your talent is welcomed at the market, to cultivate a place that connects community and nutures small family farms. We welcome individuals and groups. Many hands make for light work. Whether your interest is working with us on market day or assisting a committee, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market Day Volunteers Can:
- Help set up the market from 12 -3pm
- Kid’s Connection booth from 3- 5pm and 5 – 7pm
- Tear down market – take down tents, tables and put in city garage from 6:45-8:00 pm
Community Outreach Volunteers Can:
- Help spread the word about the Camas Farmer’s Market on social media
- Pass out printed information
- Share information about food access programs within their communities
- Support the special event planners
- Provide translation services to help shoppers
Are you part of an organization or service club that would like to help? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Market Committees and Chairpersons:
- Operation & Finance – Carrie Schulstad
- PR and Marketing – Shannon Van Horn
- Vendor Relations – Leah Nichelson
- Sponsorhip & Fundraising – Leah Nichelson
- Special Events & Entertainment and Volunteer Coordination – Jan Carter
- Outreach & Education – Jan Carter
- SNAP/WIC/Token Program Coordinator – Shannon Van Horn